Sunday, November 15, 2009


So the Carrillos are gone by this time next month. I don’t know how we go forth from here, but where God has taken us is good. There are so many things going on that have originated from the ministry of the Trails End, it would be wrong to not somehow carry it on. After services I visited a family that lives in Lawn. They came invited by the Carrillos. After church Enrique and Anay invited them to dinner. Thursday, Grace a lady from Tuscola and her husband brought several large boxes of food to the Trails End. I know Grace only through the Internet. Some weeks ago she sent an email saying how touched she was to read the unfolding story of the Trails End. Standing at the lectern today at the call to worship I felt I was in the wrong place, all the strange faces that were there. How we go forth I don’t have a good sense for and perhaps it looks entirely different. But, somehow we need to capture an understanding of where we are, and work out how we carry on. There is one thing I am convinced of and that is this is not all about having a "Food Pantry" that someone runs, it is much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment